Thursday, May 19, 2011

Creer Beaute La Rose de Versailles Liquid Eyeliner Review

Hello everyone, hope you're all doing well :)

Today's review is going to be on an eyeliner by a Japanese brand called Creer Beaute, which is not widely available for sale in places outside of Asia. If you happen to live in New York City, this is sold in a few stores in Chinatown and Flushing as one of the cheaper makeup brands. I bought this for $16 which might not sound drugstore cheap, but I'd imagine that this is a drugstore item in Asia. It is also sold on adambeauty.com.

First, some pictures and info about the product itself. This is a liquid eyeliner pen that flows automatically, so you don't have to click or twist anything to get the ink out. It comes in a packaging that looks like this:
I apologize for forgetting to take a picture of the pen itself; though the packaging is noticeable enough for you to know which product it is, as you can see. The pen is just black, with a black cap and the words "La Rose de Versailles" in flowy script. Here is what the brush looks like:


 And ingredients:

 Kudos if you can read Japanese! :)

Here are swatches on the back of my hand. From left to right:
1) a single swipe 2) two swipes 3) thin line with the tip 4) using the brush on its side (2 swipes)


 I liked that this eyeliner seriously did not smudge, though it is not my holy grail because I would prefer an eyeliner that is very pigmented on the first swipe and very long lasting. I would also prefer my eyeliner to have a firmer tip, as this one is quite lenient. I think I have found a holy grail liner actually, but that's a review for another day. ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment