Friday, June 10, 2011

Rouge d'Armani 401 Swatches, Review

Armani's Rouge d'Armani = love. These glide on my lips so smoothly, never emphasize dryness, and have great lasting power. What's not to love? Okay, on to today's color: 401, a very vibrant warm red orange color. I bought this to wear this summer since I've been loving the orange lip trend on others. Case in point, here's Rihanna rocking RdA 401 two years ago:


Here are some pictures of the beauty that is RdA 401... I love the bright red-orange color paired with the sleek black packaging :) 


And comparison pics; left to right: MAC Russian Red, RdA 401, NYC Retro Red
I know the other two lipsticks aren't very close to 401 with the other two being much less warm toned, but I don't have any warm reds to compare, so you'll have to bear with me for the time being ;)

 l-r: MAC Brick l/l, MAC Russian Red, Rouge d'Armani 401, NYC Retro Red in flash

same order as above, natural light
RdA 401 by itself

Brick l/l + RdA 401

very knowledgeable birdie told me to pair this with brick l/l when I once expressed concern that I wouldn't be able to pull off orange. It's definitely not a color to be afraid of, and if you feel it doesn't quite work for you, it's a very wearable warm red with a lipliner like brick underneath it.

thanks for reading :)

No comments:

Post a Comment