Monday, October 3, 2011

Guerlain Ecrin 4 Couleurs Eye Shadow Palette in 04 Les Bois de Rose Review

Today I'm here with my second set of pictures of the Guerlain Ecrin 4 Couleurs Eye Shadow Palettes, this time featuring Les Bois de Rose. This post will be more of just a description and swatches of the colors. If you are interested in my opinion of the Ecrin 4 Couleurs palettes in general, check out this post.

 Les Bois de Rose features a shimmery dark brown-purple on the left, a satin soft warm rose pink with sparkles on the middle bottom, a shimmery light white-pink with a frosty finish on the middle top, and a satin brownish purple taupe on the right.

With these swatches I took pictures in natural light as well as just flash (which I should really start doing for all my swatches) because I feel they have more of a tendency to show up differently in natural vs. artificial light, more so than Les Fumes or Les Gris.



swatches under natural light: left, middle bottom, middle top, right

same swatches as above, under soft flash

flash, swatched a bit more heavily

This quad is great for making a soft, feminine eye look since the pink is a subtle one and the palette is pink/purple but also leaning neutral. I'm in love with the brown-purple taupey shades on the sides, and the lightest shade makes a very pretty inner-corner highlight.

Monday was tiring! My pictures on Les Gris will be coming up very soon. Have a wonderful rest-of-the-week. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment