Sunday, October 30, 2011

By Terry Lumiere Veloutee in 3 beige naturel Review, Swatches

 *So sorry for the long long period of time in which I haven't been posting! I've been so busy lately. Thanks for understanding :)

**Unfortunately I've also put off this review so long that it might have been discontinued by now. I know that sounds bad, but it might still be for sale in spacenk stores and in Europe.

By Terry Lumiere Veloutee - I had my eye on this one for a while since it had been recommended as an excellent high end satin-matte medium coverage foundation. I did hesitate at the price initially, but I'm all about having beautiful looking skin.

Some background: My skin is in fairly good shape, though I have some discoloration and minor acne I'd like to cover. I like my foundations to be at least somewhat matte and have medium coverage. My beef with the foundations I've tried so far is fading around the nose and inability to blend seamlessly to make my skin look "perfect".

Skin type: I have combo skin in the summertime and dry-normal combo skin in the winter time. So far I've only been testing this foundation out now that my skin is a bit drier since I didn't buy this until it the end of fall. This foundation does list alcohol in the ingredients list and may not be the best for you if you have very dry and flakey skin. In fact, I didn't like it at first because I thought that it emphasized flakes; however, that problem minimized once I switched to a richer moisturizer and changed my skin care (I had been having the same problem with many other foundations).


The packaging is great, as with all bT products; the foundation comes in a frosted glass bottle and a sleek pump. The color in the bottle does look marbled and stays that way even after shaking, but the foundation comes out in one solid color when pumped out.




The foundation is on the liquidy/runny side, less so than, say, MAC F&B though, since it is medium coverage.



Blended out; it looks too light for the back of my hand here but my face has actually gotten a tad paler than this now that it's been winter for a few months now.


Up close, you can see the satin finish; there are no shimmer particles or sparkles in it though. It just gives a subtle sheen for a nice satin finish on the skin.

I was going to do a pic of it applied on my face but I decided not to put off this review any longer. My skin's also not been too good to me lately, so I don't think I'd take a nice picture anyway.

I really like this foundation - it's definitely among the top three best that I've tried, but it's not holy grail for me. Although it covers decently well, my skin didn't look as perfect as I had wanted to. Beige naturel is a tiny bit too dark for me now but still wearable. The coverage can be built to medium-full but it didn't completely cover discoloration on my nose. The finish is definitely very nice - polished yet somewhat natural. Lasting power varies - sometimes when I don't powder, it can still look gorgeous after a couple hours; sometimes, though, it ends up fading a bit.

Overall, it's an excellent foundation, just not 'the one'.

No comments:

Post a Comment