Thursday, October 20, 2011

Lunasol Three-Dimensional Eyes Palette in 05 Deep Beige Review, Swatches

Today I bring you a Lunasol quad/palette from their fall 2011 collection. The Three Dimensional Eyes Palettes are arranged in the form of a quad, except two of the shades each have three different (albeit similar) colors in vertical stripes.

I bought one palette based off pictures I saw online, 05 Deep Beige. I was a bit surprised, when I saw it in real life, that the shades lean a tinge gold/green. I had expected colors that were neutral-cool brown, but the colors are gorgeous nonetheless, and I am very pleased with this quad.

Before moving on to the pictures, I just want to mention that the texture of these eyeshadows is phenomenal. Each one of the shades is buttery smooth and lovely! Pigmentation is great, but could be improved.

All pictures were taken indoors with artifical lighting and flash. I know, I should have done natural lighting but I've been super busy lately and don't have time to wait for the sun to come out. Nonetheless, enjoy!

 I'm such a dork, but - I love that the boxes were wrapped in cellophane. I understand that high end brands in the US usually don't have a problem with someone opening the merchandise and rubbing their grubby fingers in it, but it happens, so the cellophane is a nice touch.

Packaging gets an A+++!


Yep, comes with sponge tip applicators and a little brush. I'll most likely never touch them but the brush isn't too bad - decently soft and usable in a pinch.

I honestly haven't used this palette enough yet to tell you if the colors vary in different lighting but you can totally see in the pictures below that it can show up leaning either cool or warm (which would also make sense, given its name ;)).



The top left shade includes a shimmery white gold, a satin off-white with a slight yellow tinge, and another satin off-white that is the slightest bit less yellow than the middle shade.

The next one is a shimmery, wearable pale gold with gold sparkles and a bit of white sheen.

The third color is the most interesting in my opinion - a warm taupe color with a cool tinge due to silver, green, and purple microsparkles.

 Last but not least - another mini-trio of colors including an almost-but-not-quite-matte cool dark brown, a dark slightly bronzey-olive brown, and a more olive dark brown with more sparkles than the other shades.

I've included a heck load of swatch pics so that you can hopefully see the subtle color shifts :)

 This picture features the shades in the top left rectangle: left, middle, right, and then swatched together.

 First four swatches in the same order as above, then top right, bottom left.

 rightmost swatch is of the bottom left color, then the bottom right swatched separately and then together.

 bottom right shades




I bought this from adambeauty.com for around $60 and it comes with 4g eyeshadow.

 Phew! Now that we got through that, hope you enjoyed the mini-review & pics. :)

-k


1 comment:

  1. Love your swatches and review.
    I have to desagree with your comment that in the US we put our grimy fingers in the high end cosmetics and purchased them like that. Perhaps it is true for the drugstore's, or supermarket's makeup..and not always, because in thos places as well as at the high end stores, we have products already open on display as testers that we can touch and swatch before we purchase a nicely untouched product.

    ReplyDelete